The international community at large is on a global pandemic situation, whereby everyone is advised to stay in their homes to limit the spread of the virus (covid-19). And as result of this, businesses, churches, sporting activities and also schools are been shut down.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is experiencing her own share of the virus. Well, since it’s first case, the number has risen to 174 as at April 1st 2020 reports from NCDC.
Well, we will be looking at the effect of the virus on educational sectors.
Disruption Of Academic Calendar and Timeline
All school has its calendar, they have a time for lectures, tests, exams, and holidays. But with schools shutting down, the timelines are been affected , and schools are trying to balance it by asking their students to read online and prepare for their exams. And these applies to all level of educational sectors. Even Ekiti State Government commenced a radio lecture for student in primary schools. Ekiti State Commence Radio Learning for Students In Primary schools
Postponement Of External Exams
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) has postponed the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) to a time undisclosed.
The examinations scheduled to begin on April 6, 2020, has been postponed as a result of coronavirus pandemic.The board decided that the timetable for the examinations would be reviewed after the coronavirus pandemic situation improves.
Delay And Disruption Of Nysc Programs
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has ordered that all orientation camps across Nigeria be shut as preventive and precautionary measures against coronavirus.
Intending Corpers have been delayed from serving their motherland. And in my Opinion , I feel like this is going to affect the the current final students of various institutions service program.
Well that’s it for now , while you’re home , you can check here for a list of things you should be doing at home.
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman