President Muhammadu Buhari in his nationwide broadcast on Monday night was silent on the reopening of schools.
It is now expected that each States will decide on its school’s resumption or otherwise
The Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) could take a definite position in their awaited reaction to the president’s speech.
The President announced lockdown ease effective May 4 and extended the ‘stay at home’ directive til
Again, only Lagos, Ogun States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja are affected.
However, Buhari placed a ban on interstate movement.
Last week, there was confusion over rumours that learning institutions may reopen soon.
The rumors forced the Lagos State Government to elucidate that all private and public schools remain closed, to prevent the spread of the virus and protect students from coronavirus.
CCommissioner For Education Folasade Adefisayo, mentionted that schools have not been opened for the third term of the annual session.
She added that Lagos continues to offer free teachings on various media, especially radio and television.
“Plans are also underway to ensure that our children in public schools are able to complete their term whenever the lockdown is lifted,” Adefisayo said.
A fortnight ago, the Buhari administration said plans were being made for students in tertiary institutions to receive lectures via the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).
Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, explained that the ministry had been planning the idea before the coronavirus outbreak.
Noting that some tertiary institutions were already giving lessons online, Adamu hinted that the ministry was working with its mass media outlets to do the same.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman