The Vice-Chancellor of the Kogi State University, Prof Mohammed Abdulkadir has been sacked by the State Governor, His Excellency Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.
The Secretary to the State Government, Dr Folasade Ayoade disclosed the news about his removal in a statement.
Ayoade also announced the removal of Prof. Mohammed Atureta as the Rector of the Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.
The two , Abdulkadir and Atureta were placed on indefinite suspension in February for ignoring the governor’s Order on Treasury Single Account (TSA).
The statement went head to say the Governor had approved the appointment of Prof. Marietu Tenuche as the Acting Vice-Chancellor of the Institution. While the acting Rector of the Polytechnic would be Dr. Salisu Usman
Tenuche was a former Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University while Abdulkadir had barely five months to complete his tenure as vice-chancellor of the institution.
The statement said the appointments are with immediate effect adding that all handing and taking over should also be completed immediately.
“The state government has wished Abdulkadir and Atureta the best in their future endeavors.” NAN quoted Ayoade as saying.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- How To Apply For UNILORIN 2019 Sandwich &…