On Monday 23rd Of March, 2020. The Academic Staff Union Of Universities, ASUU commenced an indefinite strike due to the inability of the Federal Government to meet its demand. Although they commenced a warning strike beforehand on the 9th of March, 2020, which lasted for 2 weeks.
The warning strike which was to ensure that the federal government implemented the agreements and resolutions of Memorandum of Action discussed in the 2009 ASUU-FGN agreement, the 2013 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Their demands :
ASUU wants government to resume negotiation on the 2009 agreement regarding the ruin and rehabilitation in public universities.
ASUU is asking for N1.1 trillion to fund the university system.
And also the payment of fractions and non-payment of salaries, earned academic allowances
These demands were not met by the Federal Government thus the commencement of the indefinite strike.
However, Agbalagba said the union had sequences of outstanding agreements with the government which had not been met, thus the commencement of the strike.
We do not really know how long “indefinite” will be , all we can just do is hope for the best and pray the Federal Government meet Their Demands.
Related School Updates:
- Dr Babalakin Is Mischievous, We Do Not Support…
- ASUU Strike – See Outcome Of The Latest Meeting…
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- Stakeholders Voice Out Their Concern On The Lingering Strike
- ASUU Strike: FG Cancels “No Work, No Pay” Policy
- ASUU Debunks Rumours Of Resuming Strike
- ASUU Strike: Minister Of Education Appeals To Union…
- ASUU Strike Called Off As They Reach An Agreement…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman