The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) through its registrar, Professor Ishaq Oloyede has announced the intention of the board to make use of drones as well as CCTV for the 2020 University and Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
Professor Oloyede disclosed this at a two-day meeting with Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre Operators, State Coordinators of the Board, Financial Institutions and Internet Service Providers on Thursday in Zaria, Kaduna State.
It would be recalled that Oloyede also said JAMB generated N20 billion from 2016 to 2019.
He also assured the CBT centre operators that their investments in transacting business with the board will be safe as long as they do their work in accordance with the agreed registration and examination guidelines.
Below is an excerpt of his statement;
“You have nothing to fear and you should know that, if you put your investments together, it can’t be up to N20bn and we have accrued N20bn in three years as an agency.
“As an agency of government, we have to ensure that small and medium scale businesses thrive and if you multiply 11 staff by 700, you will know better.
“We are also adding value to the economy and job creation out of your employment market and we will continue to support you once you are doing your work well.”
Professor Oloyede emphasised that the board is ready to deploy drone cameras to all the identified 700 examination centres to check any activity that could disrupt or hinder the effort of the board to make the exercise a transparent one.
“All CCTV must be wired, all cameras must cover verification areas, coding areas, walkways, examination hall, server room and entrance and exit in all centres.
“We will use drones to monitor the centres to check registration and examination scandals.”
When asked about the prosecution for anyone caught, he said: “100 candidates were caught red-handed in the last JAMB exercise, they are under prosecution – 20 jailed and 80 others are under investigation.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman