It has been reported that the Federal Government of Nigeria has directed the Director of Cash Management to halt all payments of salaries to tertiary institutions workers who are yet to be enrolled in the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS) platform.
This was disclosed in a circular which was published by the director of IPPIS. The circular which was titled Request for stoppage of Release of Funds For January Salaries To Federal Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education was published at the early hours of Friday 24th of January 2020. It contained the directive to halt the payment of salaries as well as the reason why the salaries are being halted.
Below is a copy of the Circular;
“I am directed to inform you that the preparation of January 2020 salary payroll and warrants of the Federal Tertiary institutions are ongoing and will be ready for submission on or before 29th January 2020. This is to give effect to the directive of the Federal Government that all ministries, Departments, and Agencies drawing Personnel Cost from the Consolidated Revenue Fund (CFR) should be enrolled on the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS).
In order to actualize this directive, you are please requested not to release the funds for payment of salaries to the Tertiary Institutions as their salaries will henceforth be paid on the IPPIS platform with effect from January 2020.
Please accept the assurances and warm regards of the Accountant General of the Federation.”
It will be recalled that ASUU rejected the idea of using IPPIS for payments citing that the system will not benefit members of the Union. However, since the circular has been published, the Union is yet to release a statement on the issue.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman