The management of the Osun State Polytechnic, Iree has announced that students undergoing full-time studies at the institution will resume on Monday, August 5, 2019. However, the school also added in the announcement that all students are to pay a fine of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) for damages caused by the students in their last protest which led to the closure of the school.
This was revealed in a press statement which was signed by the Registrar of the Institution, Mr Busari Salawu. The statement was published on the school website and released to newsmen in the hours of Friday, August 2, 2019.
It will be recalled that the school had to be closed down on 1st of June as a matter of urgency due to the violence which erupted during a protest by the students of the polytechnic against the school authority over the death of a student who reportedly slumped and died after writing an examination on May 31st, 2019.
According to the students, the officials on duty at the Polytechnic Health centre handled the situation in a nonchalant manner which led to the death of the student as he could not be revived due to the nonchalant attitude.
It was later reported by several news outlets that some equipment at the health centre were destroyed while some others were looted during the protest organised by the students.
Below is a copy of the statement released by the school management;
“Following the approval of the Board of Studies of Osun State Polytechnic Iree on the reports of the Investigative Panel into the crisis of students of the Institution, which led to the closure of the Polytechnic about two months ago, Management of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree has directed all the Full Time students, who are currently on break, to resume on Monday, 5th August,2019.
“Students are to pay a reparation fee of Ten Thousand Naira only with a sworn affidavit of good behaviour from a court of Criminal Jurisdiction.
“To pay the Ten Thousand Naira reparation fee, the students are enjoined to visit the Institution’s website to get the link for the online payment and print their payment receipt online for clearance to partake in the academic activities in the school.
“Upon payment of the reparation fee, the students are urged to submit the original copy of their affidavit of good conduct to their respective Faculty Officers as from 9:00am on Monday 5th August, 2019”.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Osun State Poly, Iree Announces 2018/2019 HND Admission Form
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman