The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), commenced the May/June 2019 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) today Monday, April 8, 2019, as scheduled.
The examination will begin today with practicals across Nigeria and other countries where student take the exam. The exam is expected to end on Friday, June 7, 2019.
However, since the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) instructed candidates who have applied for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to start reprinting their final examination slip so as to get their exam date and exam centre, it has been discovered that UTME will clash with WASSCE.
UTME is scheduled to begin on Thursday, April 11, 2019, and end on Wednesday, April 18, 2019, this implies that some candidates would definitely have to sit for UTME and some WASSCE subjects on the same day.
Candidates writing WASSCE on subjects like Plumbing and Pipe Fitting, Animal Husbandry, Printing Craft Practice, Auto Mechanical Work, Health Education, Foods and Nutrition, Arabic and French, among others, will be affected by the clash of the two major examinations in Nigeria.
The clash will affect about 25 subjects and both examination bodies are yet to comment on the situation.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- WAEC Releases 2019 May/June Senior School…
- See Newly Amended FUTO 2018/2019 Academic Calendar
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman