The sum of 2.7 billion for construction of 5,010 classrooms across the country has been approved by The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC).
The project is under the School Based Management Committee and School Improvement Programme (SBMC-SIP).
Mrs Mary Zakka the State Coordinator of UBEC in Plateau, revealed this at a one-day advocacy and sensitisation workshop which was organised by the Plateau State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) for the success of its implementation on Thursday in Jos.
However, the communities have to show commitment by contributing 10 per cent counterpart funding before such funds can be released.
Her words: “For these monies to be released, the communities must contribute, this is self- help for their good. “Participants of this workshop should step down this training to ensure the cooperation of critical stakeholders for the success of this programme,” she said.
Director of Nomadic Education and Social Mobilisation, Mrs Grace Nyam, said the programme had been resuscitated with the objective of promoting grassroots participation, support and eventual ownership of basic education by communities.
Nyam said, however, the success was dependent on the level of community awareness, participation and support to the programme, thus the need for the workshop for education secretaries, Parents Teachers Association (PTA) and other stakeholders.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- See The Official Timetable for NECO 2019 June/July SSCE
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021