The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of Taraba State University on Wednesday announced the resumption of an indefinite strike to accentuate its demands.
The Union had initially embarked on an indefinite strike to make the government aware of its demand in 2018. However, the strike was promptly suspended when the Taraba state government made promises to meet the demands of the Union which included payment of earned academic allowances owed to the Union from 2014 till date and the provision of necessary infrastructure to enhance teaching and learning.
The ASUU Chairman of Taraba State University ASUU, Dr Samuel Shikaa and the Secretary, Dr Atando Agbu, after the Executive Council Meeting with national officials in Jalingo revealed that lecturers will remain at home until the demands of the Union are met.
The President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NASS) in Taraba State University Chapter, Mr Ande Boyi, has reacted to the news of the indefinite strike. In a statement which was released by the association, Mr Ande appealed to Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State to meet the demands of the Union so as to enable students of the University to resume lectures.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman