The Governor of Anambra state, Governor Willie Obiano praised students of St. John’s Secondary School, Alor for their prominent and outstanding performance at the International Festival of Engineering, Science and Technology (I-FEST) competition in Tunisia.
The students who represented their school were, Meshach Ugwuishi, Anthony Chuka- Umeora, Daniel Nwachukwu and Dominic Machi, came third out of thirty-one countries that participated in the educative exercise.
Their work titled, “Adaptable Alternative Power Supply for Sub-Saharan Africa”, involved two innovations – an inverter which traps energy from the sun and a single fully backed solar technology panel.
Welcoming the students at the Government House, Awka, Obiano pledged his administration continued investment in the educational sector to assist students realize their potentials.
Dr Nkem Okeke, the deputy Governor praised the students’ quality innovations, underscoring the place of focus and determination towards winning more academic Honours.
He appreciated the students and their teachers for the recognition brought to the state, he also employed the students and the teacher to be more devoted to realizing his vision for the sector.
Earlier, Prof. Kate Omenuhga, commended the students, linking their success to doggedness and proactiveness. She stated that the current administration efforts on qualitative and functional education in the state were already yielding results.
Mr Samuel Otubah, the Principal of the College, noted that the encouragement provided by the school management contributed to the students’ success.
Meshack Ugwuishi, one of the students expressed his joy. He said they were really happy to make their state and country as a whole proud through their innovations.
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman