The leadership of the Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT) Kwara chapter has been accused by Teachers under the protection of Kwara State Concerned Teacher of hobnobbing with the State government.
Mallam Abdulwahab Abubakar, the spokesperson of the concerned teachers, urged the state incoming government to take the workers’ welfare seriously to stabilize its administration.
Abdulwahab said: “The motive of the gathering is to tell the labor leaders in Kwara State that this is the time for them to come together and form a formidable power. The essence of having unions is to cater for the welfare of workers in the state. But in Kwara State, it is as if labor leaders are not there for the workers at all.
“The labor leaders have been hobnobbing with the government. This time around, we need virile and vibrant labor leaders that will fight for workers’ welfare in the state.
“Besides, most of our benefits are being denied us. The benefits include leaving bonus, promotion, etc. Whenever these things are not being paid to workers, it behooves labor leaders to come out and demand them. It is injurious to workers for labor and government to have a friendly relationship. In a situation where labor leaders and government have a good rapport, it means the labor leaders are not there for workers’ interest.
“As we await the incoming government in the state, we want a formidable labor leader that will be there for the workers. The labor leaders in the state, candidly speaking, are not there for us.
“I am making reference to NUT. NUT should close rank and form a formidable force so that teachers in the state will have relief.
“Our advice to the incoming government is that it should take workers’ welfare as a priority.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- SPN discredits NUT over call for re-endorsement of…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- NASU UNILORIN chapter distributes N8m to retired members
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman