The management of the University of Port Harcourt has announced the release of application form for admission into the University’s postgraduate school to study Public Health for the 2018/2019 academic session.
According to a newsletter which was published on the University, all applicants who are interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree in Public Health at the University of Port Harcourt are to visit the University Postgraduate website to apply for admission.
UNIPORT 2018/2019 Available Public Health Postgraduate Courses
- PhD in Epidemiology, Health Systems Management and Population/Reproductive Health options
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems Management and Population/Reproductive Health
- Postgraduate Diplomas (PGD) in Public Health
UNIPORT 2018/2019 Public Health Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD):
- Applicants shall be required to have a good University degree, HND with a minimum of Upper Credit. Holders of Community Health Officers (CHO) certificate with Upper Credits can apply for the PGD in Public Health.
- Candidates require a minimum of first Degree in Medicine or Basic Medical Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing and other courses allied to medicine, with at least CGPA of 3.00 and above on a 5-point scale or its equivalent. Holders of Post-graduate Diploma (PGD) in Public Health with a CGPA of 3.00 are also eligible.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PHD) PROGRAMME:
- Eligible candidates for these competitive programmes would have completed an MSc degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale.
DOCTOR OF PUBLIC HEALTH (DRPH) PROGRAMME:
- Candidates admitted into the DrPH programme should have either master or doctoral degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study; or Membership (Part 1) Fellowship in Public Health from the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, or its equivalent Additionally, all DrPH candidates MUST have a minimum of five years post-NYSC experience in a Public Health position.
- In addition to the above requirements, all candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
- PGD: Full time 12 months; Part-time 24 months
- Masters: Full-time 12 months; Part-time 24 months
- Doctoral: Full-time 36 months; Part-time 60 months
Method of Instruction
- The curriculum is flexible, modular, intensive and premised on developing the knowledge, skills and competencies of students from diverse academic backgrounds to becoming industry ready professionals.
- Both e-learning and classroom modes of teaching/learning are available with a strong emphasis on competency-based learning, self-directed learning, blended learning and application of a range of technology-based educational applications that enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
- Lectures are delivered by renowned faculties from the University of Port Harcourt and other Universities, industry/sector experts from Nigeria and Abroad. The UniPort is an entrepreneurial University and all programmes are designed with periods of internship to enhance the production of industry/sector-ready professionals.
- Students are provided with a multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of local and international Supervisors as well as other logistical support to ensure that their thesis is completed in record time.
- Innovations, patents and commercialisation of research outputs are also strongly encouraged.
How To Apply For UNIPORT 2018/2019 Public Health Postgraduate Admission
Hard copies of the application document can also be obtained from the Students’ enrolment officer of PUTOR (Rosannah 07035033658) or Administrative Secretary of SPH (Mrs Akpoghomeh M.I. 07039118320) both at the ground floor, left wing at Ofirima Building University Park or from Benedicta (08120336477) at the Africa Centre for Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals (ACE-CEFOR), Emerald Energy Building Complex, along East-West Road, University of Port Harcourt.
Completed forms, reference letters, statement of purpose should be submitted with a non-refun dable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) to be paid at school of Public Health account, United Bank for Africa (UB A) 1021823887 (naira account) 300264449 (Dollar account), scan and e-mail the Application form, Reference Letters, Statement of Purpose and Evidence of Payment of the Application fee to the School’s e-mail address, before the 8th of May 2019. Selected candidates would be invited for oral and/or aptitude tests before admission is finalised.
CONTACTS: Tel: +234(0)8104178141; +234(0)828921643 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.