The Federal University, Oye-Ekiti has announced the release of application forms for admission into Postgraduate Programme at the University.
According to a newsletter which was published on the University website, anyone interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree at the University in any of the available courses can visit the University website to apply for admission provided such a person meets all the requirements laid out by the University.
FUOYE 2019/2020 Available Postgraduate Courses
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|Dept. of Agric. Economics & Extension||M. Agric & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Animal Production & Health||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Crop Science & Horticulture||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Fisheries & Aquaculture||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Food Science and Technology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Soil & Land Management||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Water Resources and Agro-Meteorology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|Dept. of English Language||M.A & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Theatre and Media Arts||M.A & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING|
|Dept. of Agriculture and Bio-Resources Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Civil Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Computer Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Material and Metallurgical Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Mechanical Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering||M. Eng & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE|
|Dept. of Animal and Environmental Biology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Biochemistry||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Computer Science||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Geology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Geophysics||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Industrial Chemistry||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Mathematics||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Microbiology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Physics||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Plant Science and Biotechnology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|Dept. of Demography and Social Statistics||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Economics||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Psychology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
|Dept. of Sociology||M.Sc & Ph.D|
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD) are also available.A
FUOYE 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Ph.D DEGREE PROGRAMMES–
These programmes are available to holders of Master degrees, with a minimum of 60% score in their Master degree programmes.
A PhD degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time students OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time students.
Note that relevant courses will be taken for the PhD studies including a supervised Thesis where prescribed.
- M.Phil /Ph.D. DEGREE PROGRAMMES-
Candidates who score between 55.00% and 59.99% Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at the Master’s level can apply for admission into the M.Phil/PhD programme on a full-time basis. The programme runs for a period of 12 calendar months after which the candidate, on good performance can transit to the PhD programme.
Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to PhD candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. Candidates must score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session to be eligible for conversion for the PhD programme.
- MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES-
A candidate applying for the Master’s degree programme must have made a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in his/her Bachelor’s degree programme. Master’s degree programmes run for a minimum period of a year (12 calendar months; that is, two semesters) and a maximum period of two years (24 calendar months; that is, four semesters) for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of two (2) years (24 calendar months; that is, four semesters) and a maximum period of 36 calendar months; (that is, six semesters) for part-time candidates depending on the peculiarities of the Department. All Master’s Degree Programmes are by course work in addition to a research work/report at the end of which a dissertation is produced.
Applicants are to note that, a programme automatically lapses at the expiration of the maximum duration for each programme. However, a candidate may apply for an extension of not more than 12 months.
Candidates in regular employment must submit with their applications, formal letter of release for postgraduate studies issued by their employers.
Also, all applicants who are not graduates of the Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) must request their former Universities or institutions to forward directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies the academic transcripts of their First Degrees or Master’s degree with respect to applicants for Master’s and Doctoral Degrees, respectively.
How To Apply For FUOYE 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
Candidates are required to pay a sum of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) through REMITA platform MDA: Federal University Oye Ekiti- 1000134.
ACCOUNT NAME: REMITA REVENUE ACCOUNT ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0320496861013
On the home page of the Federal University Oye website, click on postgraduate portal. On the home page displayed, click Application Instruction and read carefully.
Use your Application Number as username and SURNAME as the password. Carefully type in your Application Number as any error committed will not allow your details to be displayed.
- Candidates should click OK button on the dialogue box displayed and enter your names.
- After Login, click on Continue Registration link on the main menu.
- Fill in your other bio-data and necessary details truthfully on the webpage. All candidates should upload their Passports pictures by clicking on the Browse button and select your picture. Your Passport pictures must not be more than 20KB.
- On completion of bio-data, click on Next Step button then click OK on the message dialogue box.
- All candidates should complete the programme of choice and click on Save then click OK on the message dialogue box.
- On completion of the choice of programme click Next Step button.
This application shall close six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See The Official Timetable for NECO 2019 June/July SSCE
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Apply for FUOYE 2018 Pre-degree Admission Form Online.
- Delta State University Releases 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman