University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has announced the release of admission forms into Sandwich and Postgraduate programmes. According to a newsletter which was published by the University, all prospective applicants for admission into Sandwich and Postgraduate programme in the University are to visit the University website to obtain the admission application form provided they meet the listed requirements.
Available Programmes and Courses In the Institute
(A) Bachelor Degree Programmes
- B. A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Arabic, Christian Studies, English, French, History, Islamic Studies, Social Studies and Yoruba.
- B. Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Agriculture, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Technology, Geography, Health Education, Human Kinetics, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies and Technology Education.
- B. Ed. Degree Programmes in:
Adult Education, Counsellor Education, Educational Management and Primary Education Studies
(B) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
(C) Master of Education Degree Programmes:
Educational Guidance and Counselling, Educational Management, Educational Psychology, Sociology of Education, Social Studies, Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education, Religious Studies Education, English Language Education, Mother-Tongue Education, Curriculum Studies in Arts Education, Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics), Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education, E-Learning and Instructional Technology), Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports, Human Kinetics Education, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Recreation, Leisure and Tourism), Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care, School Health Education)
(D) Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Arabic Education, Human Kinetics and Health Education, Photography, Instructional Radio and Television Production, and Creative Arts.
For B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
- “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
- ND/OND are also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least five “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (see adverts on the Unilorin Website for details).
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programmes:
A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnics or allied Institutions.
For Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET):
a.) A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B. A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
b.) A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
For M.Ed. Degree Programmes:
- A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
- Third Class Honour degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
- Third Class Honour degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech., etc plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
For Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
- Human Kinetics and Health Education:
At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
- Arabic Education:
- WASC/GCE/TCII/Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC); Senior Secondary School Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least four subjects; one of which must be Arabic.
- Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts.
Candidates willing to proceed to the degree programmes must possess the pre-requisite five “O” Level passes at Credit level for relevant programmes.
NB:Please note that at least Credit passes in Mathematics and English at “O” Level are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
For detailed of admission requirements, interested applicants should visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for the online application.
How TO APPLY FOR ALL PROGRAMMES (MASTERS, UNDERGRADUATE, POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA, AND SUB-DEGREE DIPLOMA)
Application is online. Visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for the relevant page.
- Postgraduate = N25,000.00
- Undergraduate and Diploma = N10,000.00
APPLICATION PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE ONLINE WITH ATM MASTER CARD OR VERVE CARD
MODE OF REGISTRATION
Applicants’ registration is online at Unilorin website.
CLOSING DATE FOR SALE AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Postgraduate: 31st May, 2019
- Undergraduate and Diploma: 31st May, 2019
Masters’ Qualifying Examinations hold on Saturday, 8thJune, 2019
Time: 9:00 am
Venue: Institute of Education, University of Ilorin Mini-campus
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For LASU 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for FUOYE 2018 Pre-degree Admission Form Online.
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU