Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State has ordered the immediate reopening of the three tertiary institutions in Ilesa which were shut down on March 18.
This was disclosed in a statement which was issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Adeniyi Adeshina on Monday.
Previously on March 18 2019, Governor Oyetola of Osun State had ordered the closure of the three tertiary institutions in Ilesha town, Osun state as a result of a violent protest by angry youths who were protesting against the disruption of electricity supply by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC).
The affected institutions in the town were Osun State College of Education, Ilesa, Osun School of Health Technology, Ilesa, and Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke
According to the statement, the decision to reopen the institutions was taken after due consultations with stakeholders, heads of the affected institutions, parents and the leadership of IBEDC.
It said parties involved agreed that peace should continue to reign and that the students would henceforth behave in line with the ‘Omoluabi ethos’’ which the state was noted for.
The statement also revealed that restoration of electricity supply in Ijesaland had commenced.
In the statement issued, Governor Oyetola also advised the students of the affected school to desist from using violence as a means of showing their dissatisfaction and that they should instead go through legitimate channels to express their grievances.
He warned that the government would not tolerate violence as a means of expressing grievances.
Related School Updates:
- Gov. Zulum orders reopening of 3 secondary schools in Bama
- Varsities Shut Down As Unions Abandons Duties
- Ganduje Bribe Video: NANS Suspend Protest Against…
- Benue State University Shut Down By Students Over…
- Uniosun Reopens After Being Shut Down For Four Days
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- UNIOSUN holds online convocation
- Osun Poly To Resume On Monday, All Students To Pay…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman