Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State has ordered the immediate reopening of the three tertiary institutions in Ilesa which were shut down on March 18.
This was disclosed in a statement which was issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Adeniyi Adeshina on Monday.
Previously on March 18 2019, Governor Oyetola of Osun State had ordered the closure of the three tertiary institutions in Ilesha town, Osun state as a result of a violent protest by angry youths who were protesting against the disruption of electricity supply by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC).
The affected institutions in the town were Osun State College of Education, Ilesa, Osun School of Health Technology, Ilesa, and Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke
According to the statement, the decision to reopen the institutions was taken after due consultations with stakeholders, heads of the affected institutions, parents and the leadership of IBEDC.
It said parties involved agreed that peace should continue to reign and that the students would henceforth behave in line with the ‘Omoluabi ethos’’ which the state was noted for.
The statement also revealed that restoration of electricity supply in Ijesaland had commenced.
In the statement issued, Governor Oyetola also advised the students of the affected school to desist from using violence as a means of showing their dissatisfaction and that they should instead go through legitimate channels to express their grievances.
He warned that the government would not tolerate violence as a means of expressing grievances.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021