The Federal Government of Nigeria has resumed re-negotiation of the 2009 Agreement with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in a bid to finalise all outstanding negotiation with the Union and to meet all the demands of the Union.
This was disclosed by Dr Wale Babalakin, the Chairman, Federal Government re-negotiation team when he addressed newsmen in Abuja, on Wednesday, after a meeting with the Union that lasted six hours.
He revealed that he was hopeful the negotiation would yield positive results.
Dr Babalakin also revealed that the ASUU team had presented more than 20 issues that were being looked into to ensure stability in the university system, and that both sides were determined to put an end to the lingering problems in the system.
Below is an extract of Dr Babalakin’s statement;
“We resumed our renegotiation today. The government team and ASUU were appropriately represented and we had positive discussions.
“We are actually hopeful that we are on a positive path to finalising the negotiation.”
“There were very hectic discussions on topical issues and both sides had extensive contributions for the benefit of the university system.”
“It is the same negotiation, we had an interim discussion, that is over now and we are back to where we left off. So it is a continuous negotiation.”
“ASUU submitted its timetable today and there are more than 20 issues in that timetable, it is not a single issue, but they will all be discussed.’’
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Dr Babalakin Is Mischievous, We Do Not Support…
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman