Sections of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, have voted to proceed with the ongoing strike.
The decision was reached after a nationwide referendum led by the chapters of the union on Tuesday to decide whether to suspend the strike or not.
The leadership of the union had on Monday directed that all sections of the union conduct referendum to decided whether or not the strike would be canceled.
The national leadership of the Union had directed its Zonal coordinators to meet with their Branch chairpersons to conduct the referendum on the offers of government and feed it back.
Via a tweet on Tuesday night, ASUU said,
“The outcome of referendum: In our pursuit to resolve the lingering issues between our union @ASUUNGR and the Federal government @AsoRock. The union conducted referenda across its various zones.“Results at the zonal congress showed that majority of the members voted for the continuation of the strike because they doubted the government ’s sincerity in fulfilling its new promises.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- See How NYSC Plans To Make The 2018 Batch B…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman