The Osun Stats University Vice-Chancellor Prof Labode Popoola and members of the trade union in the university traded accusations of frauds back and forth amongst themselves causing confusion in the campus.
On Friday, The VC had in a press conference, said the leadership of Non-Academic Staff Union, NASU, were waging war against his administration to protect their alleged fraudulent activities, for which they had been accused
“Mr Olugbeja the former Secretary of NASU, was illegally given a Tetfund Grant for a conference in the USA but unfortunately, absconded. His monthly salaries were not stopped until due process was followed.
“NASU Chairman, Mr Isaiah Fayemi, got himself entangled in a financial mess involving missing booklets of receipt of the University. All these occurred before my assumption of duty in November 2016. Management approved the report of the investigating panel that Mr Fayemi and others involved in the receipt booklet scam should face the Staff Disciplinary Committee (SDC). Since that decision was taken, the university has not known peace”, Popoola said.
The VC explained that Olugbeja was stepped down by the audit department and that the stoppage of his payment sparked agitation from NASU which culminated into a physical assault on the former Ag. Head of Internal Audit by NASU.
In a swift reaction, however, Mr Isaiah Fayemi, who is the Chairman of NASU in the school, and also alleged to have been involved in some racketeering, said his former Secretary was not granted Tetfund to travel.
“He only went on leave and wrote the university of his involvement in an accident and thereby requested for a leave of absence, which he was entitled to. Instead of granting him, the VC started the process of terminating his appointment which he eventually did by October 23, 2018”.
While defending himself on the alleged receipt racketeering levelled against him by the university management, he said, “I am surprised the VC is still talking about this.
“I used receipt booklets in 2014, remitted both the money realised for the University and the booklets to my then Head of Unit, Mr Rufus Adebisi. He came up with a story that booklets were missing 3 years after when the receipts were no longer in my custody.
“The Vice-chancellor set up a panel to investigate and I had appeared 3 times before the panel. The panel had since submitted his reports. Tell him to implement the reports of the panel if I’m guilty
“I repeat, the VC is a liar. He came up with all these in order to cause distraction and save face regarding the case he has with EFCC.
“Tell him to focus on the case of financial impropriety he has with EFCC. If he’s sure I’m involved in any financial mess, tell him to take me to EFCC or ICPC, he is a thief.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- ASUU accuses VC of the Federal University of Oye of…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman