The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that any candidate with biometric problem swill now has to come to its Headquarters in Abuja to resolve the issue, as well as write the examination.
JAMB stated that it took the decision after it discovered that many candidates use issues of biometrics to as a reason to cheat.
Sale of forms or registration for candidates (UTME/Direct Entry), including those from foreign countries, begins from today January 10 till February 21.
Dr Fabian Benjamin The board’s spokesperson, in an interview with newsmen in Abuja, also said JAMB was limiting the registration of candidates to only approved CBT centres to end extortion of candidates, mixing up of candidates’ data, malpractices as well as for monitoring purposes.
“Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters in Abuja. No other CBT centre is allowed to register such candidates, they will also sit for their examination at JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
“We noticed that some candidate(s) will just go to these centres and say they can’t register, then, they begin to ask for a reschedule or a special day.
“The period of sale or registration for all candidates (UTME /DE), including those from foreign countries is from January 10, 2019, to February 21, 2019.
“Also, the 2019 computer-based test examination will begin on Saturday, March 16 and end on March 23, 2019.
“For all complaints on JAMB processes, candidates can create a support ticket at (support.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her email address registered on the board’s site. The candidate then provides his/her name, phone number and the nature of issues, select a complain area on a dropdown and then summarised the nature of the complaint. He/she may also attach supporting documents (if available ); then send,” Benjamin said.
The spokesperson added that the mock examination will begin from February 23.
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman