The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics,(ASUP) chapter of the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) has boycotted the ongoing nationwide strike declared by the National leadership of the union. According to Mr Salami Olagbenga the Vice-Chairman, ASUP, LASPOTECH said the polytechnic could not join the strike because there was no organ of the union on ground in the polytechnic since December 2017.
Olugbenga said this was as a result of an internal crisis between the union and the polytechnic’s management which had yet to be resolved by the court.
“We are not on strike because we have some internal disputes with the management sometime last year which is still in court.
“We can’t join the strike because there is no organ of the union on ground for now.”
“Our members at some point were looking up to ASUP National to wade into the matter and resolve it, unfortunately, the national body is seriously disappointing.
“The national came to LASPOTECH at some point and met the Rector, maybe because the rector was so adamant and the case was already in court, they felt there was nothing they could do about it,” he said.
The Polytechnic Spokesman, Mr Olarewaju Kuye, also confirmed that the institution was not on strike. He said that the issues between the union and the Polytechnic management were still in court and so they await the court decision.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman