President Muhammadu Buhari has urged the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to suspend its on-going industrial action in the interest of the country.
On Tuesday During the 3rd Convocation Ceremony of the Alex Ekwueme-Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (AE-FUNAI) Ebonyi, Buhari gave the charge
Due to the fact that both parties (ASUU, FG) failed to reach an agreement again, it has been reported that the ongoing strike declared by ASUU continues
According to NAN, Buhari, who was represented by the Deputy Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Mr Victor Onuoha said the government was aware of the problems confronting the sector.
The President said that his administration realised the importance of education in nation building and pledged its continued support and provision to the sector
“We are not unmindful of the funding challenge faced by the education sector, occasioned by dwindling resources and other competing national needs.
“We will, however, continue doing the needful to improve the nation’s educational sector within available, limited resources,” he said.
“We will continue providing the specific infrastructure through annual appropriation and other interventions such as the Tertiary Education Trust (TET) Fund, NEEDS assessment, among others.
“Universities have critical roles to play in nation building as they must justify their establishment through excellent, production-based research activities, innovative ideas, empowerment of youths among others,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- FUNAI 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- FUNAI Announces 2018 JUPEB And Predegree Admission Details
- ASUU To Boycott UNN Convocation Ceremony
- FUNAI Extends 2018/2019 Supplementary Post-UTME Registration
- ASUU condems University of Ibadan VC over plans to…
- How To Apply For 2019 Dr Alex Ekwueme Commemorative…
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman