President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Amendment Act, to allow the institution to operate like all other varsities in the Federation.
With the assent, the graduates of the NOUN will be able to participate in the National Service Corps (NYSC) and The Nigerian Law School
Senator Ita Enang the Presidential Assistant on National Assembly (Senate) announced the assent of the President while addressing State House reporters on Friday in Abuja.
His words: “President Buhari has also assented to National Open University Amendment Act, which enables the National Open University to operate like all other universities, having the same power and functions and the same administrative structures eliminating possible discrimination as some use to want to have on its products and programmes.
”It has also allowed the establishment of some centres to be called study centres and given conditions for the establishment of such study centres,” he said.
The National Assembly had passed a bill for An Act to Amend the National Open University Act Cap N6 LFN 1983 (Amendment) Bill 2017’.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Read how to apply for Nursing Programme at NOUN
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman