Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, the senator representing Bayelsa East, has recommended how the Federal government can end the ongoing ASUU strike.
Bruce said that privatization of federal and state universities will put an end continuous ASUU strikes.
The Bayelsa lawmaker made this known in a post on his Twitter page.
“I suggest the federal and state governments should privatize the universities that they own.
“This will bring in genuine investors and bring an end to the continuous ASUU strikes.”
ASUU started a nationwide strike on Nov. 4, to make know and press home their demands.
The lecturers are demanding for the implementation of agreements reached with the Federal Government, including the 2017 Memorandum of Action (MoA).
They are also demanding an improved welfare package and better funding of the university system among other issues.
The striking lecturers had engaged the Federal Government on series of negotiations but all ended in deadlock.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman