On Saturday, the National Association Of Nigerian Students (NANS) urged the leaders of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to go back to negations with the Federal Government to call the strike off.
Mr Bestman Okereafor, NANS National Public Relations Officer said “There is a need for ASUU to continue its negotiations with the Federal Government to find a common ground to resolve issues that led to the union’s ongoing strike.
On Saturday, Okereafo in a statement in reaction to ASUU’s threat not to suspend its action added: “We consider this decision as devilish and not in the best interest of Nigerian students.
“We are calling on the leadership of ASUU to reverse its decision and consider returning to the negotiation table.’’
“We wonder how the lingering disputes will be resolved if meetings are boycotted.
The students’ umbrella body also urged the lecturers to work towards solving the dispute and suspend the strike before Jan. 1, 2019 in the interest of Nigerian students.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Suspend your nationwide protest – University alumni…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman