The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chapter has announced on Thursday that the University has joined the ongoing nationwide strike declared by the national body of the ASUU.
The chairman of ASUU in UNN, Dr Ifeanyichukwu Abada, told newsmen that lecturers of the University came to a decision to stop all activities in the University after ASUU-UNN congress which was held on Tuesday.
Abada said academic activities have been stopped at both the UNN and University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC) until further notice.
Below is an extract of Dr Ifeanyichukwu Abada’s statement;
“Lecturers in UNN and UNEC have joined the indefinite nationwide strike declared by ASUU national body during the national executives meeting.
“On Tuesday, after holding a congress of the union in Nsukka Main Campus, we went to UNEC to do the same.
“Therefore, members have been briefed on reasons for the strike and were directed to proceed on indefinite strike till further notice.
“We have set up a monitoring team both In Nsukka and Enugu campus to ensure total compliance as well as to ensure that defaulting members are punished.
“The strike is total and comprehensive until the Federal Government meets ASUU demands.”
Dr Ifeanyichukwu Abada also explained that ASUU embarked on the strike as a result of the poor funding of public Universities and attempt to commercialise public Universities by the Federal Government.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- ASUU To Boycott UNN Convocation Ceremony
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman