The University of Ilorin UNILORIN has announced the release of application forms for admission into Pre-degree & Remedial Programmes at the University for the 2018/2019 academic session.
According to a newsletter which was published on the University website, applicants who are interested in applying for admission into Pre-degree & Remedial programme for Arts, Arts Education, Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Sciences and Science Education at the University can now visit the University website to obtain the admission application form.
UNILORIN 2018/2019 Pre-degree/Remedial Admission Requirements
- Arts and Arts Education
Applicants are required to have passed five subjects at Credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subjects of study. Note that Credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other three subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is no preliminary programme in B.A. (Hons.) English
- Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB
- Specific requirements:
Faculty of Agriculture will accept Credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of Credit grade in Biology.
Duration of Programme
The programme is for a duration of two semesters (one academic session).
The preliminary programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
General Conditions :
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain Credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and sit for Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the 2018/2019 JAMB/UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2018/2019 JAMB/UTME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and MUST obtain the minimum UTME approved cut off point by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
Venue of Programme :
- The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
How To Apply For UNILORIN 2018/2019 Pre-degree/Remedial Admission
Interested applicants are to visit the University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2018/2019 SPS Application. Application forms are to be completed online after a payment of N15, 000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) application fee, using interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
After the completion of the form, each applicant MUST download a Local Government Confirmation Form, which MUST be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the Local Government Area. A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
Closing date for application is 23rd November 2018
Related School Updates:
See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
How To Apply For UNILORIN 2019 Sandwich &…
Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman