The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) has joined the ongoing nationwide strike which was declared by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) last week.
According to the chairman of ASUU in FUTO, all academic activities and non-academic activities have been put on hold till the demands of the Union are met by the Federal Government.
In his words to journalists when he was interviewed on the sidelines of an enforcement rally by the unionists, the chairman of ASUU in FUTO, Christopher Echereobia expressed his displeasure at the way the Federal Government has been handling educational matters and underfunding the education sector stating that it shows that the Federal Government is less concerned about the nation’s public education system.
He also confirmed that the Union also declared a “no teaching, no examination, no attendance to statutory meetings” until its demands are met by the Federal Government.
Echereobia also said that it was unfortunate that the government was sabotaging the country’s education sector rather than trying to improve it.
Below is an extract of his statement to newsmen;
“We demand the provision of a platform by the federal and for ASUU to engage governors on the proliferation of universities, underfunding of university education and undue interference in the affairs of state universities.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Christopher University 2018/2019 Post-UTME…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman