The reports of the outcome of the latest negotiation meeting between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) which was held yesterday, Monday, November 26, 2018, have been described as inconclusive.
The President of ASUU, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi while speaking with newsmen on Monday, shortly after the meeting in Abuja disclosed that the Federal Government and ASUU are yet to come to an agreement on the present crisis which led to the strike.
According to Professor Ogunyemi, all efforts to find a lasting solution and a reasonable agreement with the Federal Government have proved futile as the Federal Government is yet to agree to any of the demands of the Union.
Reports gathered revealed that the meeting which ended in a stalemate started at 5 p.m at the Federal Ministry of Education on Monday with all members of the Federal Government negotiating panel and ASUU present.
Professor Ogunyemi, however, stated that the Union will continue to negotiate with the Federal Government in good faith so as to find a lasting and permanent solution to the current crisis.
Professor Ogunyemi also advised the Federal Government and the good citizens of Nigeria to work with them to get reach a reasonable agreement which will help improve the standard of public university education in Nigeria.
It will be recalled that ASUU declared the strike on the 5th of November 2018 as a result of the poor funding of Nigerian public Universities and an alleged plan by the Federal Government to increase students’ fees and introduce an education bank.
The first negotiation meeting was held ten days after the declaration of the strike but the first meeting just like the second meeting ended without any agreement between the two sides.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman