With the list of public Universities which have joined the ongoing nationwide ASUU strike getting longer, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Bauchi has suspended examinations which were going on in the University to join the strike.
The chairman of ASUU in ATBU, Adamu Babayo while speaking to newsmen explained that the chapter of ASUU in the University decided to join the strike after their congress on Tuesday, November 7, 2018, and that there will be no examination or any form of academic activities in the University until further directive is given by the ASUU national body.
Below is an extract of Adamu Babayo’s statement;
“We resolved to stop all academic activities in the institution until further directive is given by the ASUU national body,”
“You know we came back from Akure on Monday. We are aware of the directives to go on strike, but we have to come back to our various institutions, hold meetings and convey the message to our members for them to comply and that was what we did.
“Our students wrote examinations even today in the morning. But that will be the last as we have informed all our members to comply with the directive and stop the conduct of examinations in the university.
“So, from now, no examination or any other academic activities will take place because we have joined the strike.
“The issue is that ATBU is a member of national ASUU and whatever decision the union takes, we are legally bound by it.”
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman