The National Youth Service Corps ( NYSC) has announced that the Orientation course for the 2018 Batch ”C” corps members deployed to Kaduna State has been suspended until further notice as a result of the crisis going on in Kaduna State.
This means the Orientation course which was scheduled to commence on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, across all states in Nigeria will not commence in Kaduna State until the situation of the state is conducive enough for the prospective corps members.
The State Government had to impose a 24-hour curfew on the state as a result of the violent attacks which has left several people dead in Kasuwan Magani, Kajuru Local Government Area of the State a few days ago.
While speaking to newsmen about the decision of the NYSC to suspend the Orientation course in Kaduna State, the Coordination of the Scheme in the State, Hajiya Siddiq Walida disclosed that the decision became necessary so as to prevent any form of violent attack on the corps members deployed to the State as a result of the crisis going on in the State.
Below is an extract of the Kaduna State NYSC Coordinator’s statement to newsmen;
“The Management of National Youth Service Corps wishes to inform all 2018 Batch C prospective Corps members deployed to Kaduna State that the commencement of the Orientation Course earlier scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd October 2018 has been suspended till further notice due to the current security situation and consequent curfew imposed by the state government.”
“However, all other prospective Corps members deployed to other States and FCT are to report at the various orientation camps on Tuesday, 23rd October 2018 as scheduled. All inconveniences are regretted.”
She also emphasised that all affected prospective corps members are advised to remain at home until further notice from the NYSC Management.
Related School Updates:
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- Niger State Corps Members Complain Of Poor Living…
- ASUU accuses VC of the Federal University of Oye of…
- Ekiti to borrow N3bn to pay UBEC
- Lagos State is installing Free WiFi at Public…
- See How NYSC Plans To Make The 2018 Batch B…
- SPN discredits NUT over call for re-endorsement of…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman