The Management of the National Youth Service Corps has announced Thursday, 18th October 2018 as the date for the Winding up/Passing out activities of the 2017 Batch ‘B’ Stream I Corps Members Nationwide. According to a new publication on the NYSC Portal and a newsletter published by NYSC, the winding Up/Passing Out Events of the 2017 Batch ‘B’ Stream I is scheduled to take place between Thursday 11th October 2018 and Thursday 18th October.
NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream I POP Events:
- Thursday, 11- Friday 12th October 2018, Job awareness and creation week at local government levels.
- Monday, 15th October 2018, Release of passing out Corp members by employers, and clearance at LG levels.
- Tuesday, 16th October 2018, clearing of Corp members by the zonal inspectors, debriefing and evaluation of service year.
- Wednesday, 17th October 2018, administration of questionnaire (4B) State farewell party (at the instance of state Governor).
- Thursday, 18th October 2018, distribution of certificates of National Service to deserving Corp members at zonal levels.
Employers of the 2017 Batch ‘B’ stream I have been requested to release passing-out Corps Members to participate in all necessary activities that precede the exercise like, Job awareness and creation week, sensitization on job creation/opportunities after service, signing of final clearance, debriefing among others.
In the newsletter, the NYSC Management also commended the passing-out Corps Members for their patriotism, selfless services and upholding the ideals of the NYSC Scheme.