The Student Union Government (SUG)of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho, with the support of the students of the University has announced that the students of the University are not in support of the new school fee arrangement.
The new school arrangement announced by the school on Friday states that indigene students will pay N140,000 while Non-indigene students will pay N170,000 and have since been receiving criticism from students and parents as well as ASUU.
Earlier this morning, the Student Union Government released a press statement which was titled “STUDENT STRIKE” to all Unions and Associations in the University to combine efforts in staging a 12hours student strike which will still put every activity within the University on hold while the SUG representatives will meet with the stakeholders to further charge up the government and the University management to do right by the student of the University.
Below is a copy of the press release by LAUTECH SUG;
LAUTECH STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT PRESS RELEASE
Sequel to the student union government decision in a meeting today which lasted for about nine (9) hours as regards the state of our citadel of learning. We have come to realise that the school management is still a joker, and still cracking jokes as regard the increment in tuition fee saga.
The student union government hereby imperatively notify the entire student populace that there would be a twelve hours student strike in which all the school activity will be put on hold, as proper consultation will be ongoing with the stakeholders who are more experienced students leaders and other dignitaries to fathom more better approach in registering our displeasure to the school management and the government in other to charge them up on their responsibility.
In view of this the student union government hereby magnanimously inform the school management to revert the new tuition fee regime from 100level to 500level to the normal status quo respectively. Moreover, no single student should pay the new tuition fee as directed by the school management until further notification from the Union.
Note: we appeal to every other union on campus, Ogbomoso community at large, security operatives within and outside the state etc to kindly bear with us as activities within and outside the campus will be affected until our demands are met because our parent can’t afford to pay such amount of money.
Thanks for your usual cooperation
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman