The management of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, on Friday announced the reduction of the tuition fees for the students of the University.
It will be recalled that the management of the school announced that the new tuition fees for all students of the school (new and returning students) are N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) and N250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) for Indigenes and Non-indigenes respectively.
This resulted in several criticisms from students, parents and other stakeholders. While students of the University also took the streets of Ogbomosho where the University is located, Osogbo which is the capital of Osun State and Ibadan which is the capital of Oyo State being the two owner states of the University.
Students of the University also took to various social media platforms to express their opinion and their disapproval of the new school fee arrangement.
Weeks after all these, the school management through a mail addressed to students on Friday from the office of the Registrar, Jacob Agboola, said the school fees had been reviewed downward.
Based on the new tuition fees arrangement, indigenes are now to pay N140,000 per session, while non-indigenes, on the other hand, would pay N170,000.
Below is an extract of the mail sent by the University;
“This is to inform all students that after an extensive and exhaustive consultations with stakeholders, the Governing Council has magnanimously directed that the tuition fees payable by all students with effect from the 2018/2019 Academic Session be reviewed as follow:
“Indigenes of the Owner-States of Oyo and Osun (100-500-Level ): N140,000.00 per session.
“Non-indigenes (100-500-Level) : N170,000.00 per session.
“Please note that the resumption date for the 2018/2019 Harmattan Semester remains Monday, October 29, 2018”.
However, even with the reduction, the tuition fees are still being hiked with over a hundred percent when compared to the N65,000 and N72,000 tuition fees which the students were paying previously.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman