The management of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho has announced a new tuition fee for the 2018/2019 academic session. The new tuition arrangement was disclosed in a newsletter which was published and sent to all students of the school by the University management.
According to the newsletter, LAUTECH students will no longer pay N65,000 (Sixty-five thousand Naira) or N150,000 (One hundred and fifty thousand Naira) as seen in the cases of the 2017/2018 admitted students. All Lautech students who are indigenes of the Owner-States (Oyo and Osun) of the University will pay N200, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) per session while non-indigene students will pay N250, 000.00 (Two hundred and fifty thousand Naira) per session.
The new tuition fee has sparked outrage across the school as students have started complaining about how absurd the new school fee sounds especially since it will affect all students of the school including the final year students.
It will be recalled that some months ago, information in a secret memo was leaked, the information contained plans being made by the management of LAUTECH to increase the tuition fee of the school by over 300% at the time, however, the University management denied making such plans when they were challenged by the Student Union Government (SUG) of the University.
The University management also disclosed the resumption date for the 2018/2019 academic session which is scheduled to be October 29th, 2018.
Below is an extract of the newsletter informing the students of the new tuition fee;
NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS ON PAYMENT OF NEW TUITION FEES WITH EFFECT FROM 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
Notice is hereby given to all students of the University that new regime of tuition fees with effect from2018/2019 Academic Session is as follow:
1. Indigenes of the Owner-States (Oyo and Osun) – N200, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) per session.
2. Non-Indigenes –N250, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) per session.
Please note that the resumption date for the Harmattan Semester of the 2018/2019 Academic Session remains Monday, October 29, 2018.
J. A. Agboola
Monday, October 15, 2018.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman