The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) which had previously promised to embark on a massive nationwide protest against President Muhammadu Buhari over a recent viral video allegedly showing Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, collecting bribe in a foreign currency from a contractor has suspended its planned protest.
It will be recalled that the NANS joined thousands of Nigerians asking for a transparent investigation of the allegation and the video. NANS also gave a seven-day ultimatum to Buhari to probe the video and allegations of corruption in Buhari’s administration or face a massive nationwide protest against the government of Nigeria.
The suspension of the protest was disclosed by the national publicist of NANS, Adeyemi Azeez while speaking to newsmen, he explained that the association had decided to wait for the report of the investigative panel which was set up by the Kano State House of Assembly.
He, however, said the NANS’ delegation will be sent to the public hearing to make their position known on the matter.
Below is an extract of the statement of Adeyemi Azeez the National Publicist of NANS;
“NANS has suspended its planned protest against President Muhammadu Buhari. This became imperative as the body got informed that a committee in the Kano State House of Assembly has been set up for a public hearing on this.
“The union has resolved to send its representatives to observe the public hearing in Kano. The selected officials are the national PRO Comrade Amoo, Secretary General, Comrade Yusuf Umaru and the President of NANS Senate, Comrade Gambo Abubakar Mohammed.
“These officials should represent the teeming Nigerian students at the public hearing, so as to avail Nigerian students the raw details and findings of the allegations.
“It is also imperative to note that NANS is highly determined to monitor this to the letter, and will act accordingly on the outcome of the public hearing as observed by the three national executive members assigned on this assignment,”
Meanwhile, the committee set up by the Kano State House of Assembly to investigate video clips showing Governor Abdullahi Ganduje allegedly receiving bribe has announced that the case will be handled as a public hearing.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021