Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State has announced that Postgraduate admission form is now available on the school website for qualified applicants who are seeking for admission into a postgraduate programme at the University. Interested applicants are advised to read the information below before applying.
FUNAI 2018/2019 Available Postgraduate Courses
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Physiology:
M.Sc. and PhD Programmes
- Department of Anatomy:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- . Department of Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Informatics:
PGD, M.Sc. and PhD Programmes
(i) Computer Science
- . Department of Physics/Geology/Geophysics:
- Geophysical Instrumentation
- Engineering Geology
- Mineral Exploration
- Petroleum Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Petroleum Geology
- Department of Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology:
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Microbiology
M.Sc. and PhD Programmes
- Food and Agricultural Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Accountancy/Business Administration/Banking and Finance:
- Business Administration
- Department of Economics and Development Studies:
- Economics and Development Studies
- Department of Sociology/Psychology/Criminology and Security Studies:
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Department of Political Science/Mass Communication:
- Mass Communication
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Applicants seeking admission into any postgraduate programme of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State must have obtained at least five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB including English Language. In addition, candidates seeking admission into the Faculties of Science; Basic Medical Sciences; and Management and Social Sciences must have a credit pass in Mathematics. Applicants are also required to have the minimum entry requirements for admission into the postgraduate programmes in their respective Departments.
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who also possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Bachelor Degree with at least a Third Class Honours.
- Holders of HND at Upper or Lower Credit level passes or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Applicants who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University may also be considered for admission.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines with at least a Second Class Honours with not less than 3.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale and 2.4 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate with at least credit level passes with a minimum of 3.5 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants whose First Degrees are unclassified but have at least a 60% average score (B level).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Applicants who graduated from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ikwo or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained Master’s Degree that is appropriate for the proposed field/s of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 4.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.2 on a 4-point scale in their Master’s Degrees. Candidates who possess at least a B level (60% average score) at Master’s Degree provided that research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme shall also qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
(a) Postgraduate Diploma (Full-Time) – Two Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Three Semesters (Minimum)
(b) Master’s Degree (Full-Time) – Three Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Five Semesters (Minimum)
(c) Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) (Full-Time) – Six Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Eight Semesters (Minimum)
Successful candidates are expected to register their postgraduate courses immediately after they are offered admission at the commencement of the session.
How To Apply For FUNAI 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission.
Interested applicants are to pay non-refundable Application Form fee of fifteen thousand Naira (N15,000.00) only, made payable to “Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State” at any Commercial Bank within the Country using the Remita platform, applicants can then download and complete the online Application Form by visiting the school website www.funai.edu.ng.
SUBMISSION OF REFEREE REPORTS
Candidates should also download the online Referee report forms and submit to their Referees (three Referees) one of who should be their former Head of Department. The Referee report forms after being filled-in by the Referees should be received back in sealed envelopes (addressed to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State) by the candidates and enclosed alongside other documents in the application package. Kindly note that applications are not complete and would not be processed unless the Referee reports are available.
FORWARDING OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS
Candidates should download academic transcript request slips provided online, and submit same to their Universities/Institutions requesting them to forward a copy of their last academic transcripts to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State”, attaching the transcript request slip. This must reach him/her not later than one week from the deadline for sale of Application Forms. Candidates, whose transcripts are not received after the stipulated time by the School, would not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed Application Forms with the relevant documents should be posted or delivered in an envelope marked “PG Admission” to the undersigned. The following documents are required to be enclosed with the Application Forms/Referee reports in a file jacket and then placed in a 10” x 15” size brown envelope before submission;
(a) NYSC certificates (Discharge or Exemption or Exclusion certificate)
(b) All educational credentials
(c) L.G.A. letter of identification
(d) Birth certificate
(e) Evidence of payment of Application Form fee
Submissions should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike,
PMB 1010, Abakaliki,
Sale of online Application Forms will close two months from the date of publication of this advert i.e. 22nd October to midnight, 30th November 2018.
All applicants shall undergo computer-based postgraduate admission screening test, date of which will be communicated to all applicants via sms.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See UNIZIK 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- FUNAI Announces 2018 JUPEB And Predegree Admission Details
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman