The University of Ilorin has reported that over 64 per cent of the of the candidates who sat the for University Post-UTME for the 2018/2019 admission passed the test, made the cut-off and are eligible for admission into the University.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) of the University, Professor Sylvia Malomo disclosed this while speaking to newsmen in an interview in Ilorin on Monday.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor explained that the admission process of the 2018/2019 academic session kicked off without any problem as 25,145 of the 39,289 candidates who took part in the Post-UTME screening organised by the University scored above 50 per cent in the screening exercise. According to her, this figure represents about 64 per cent of the candidates.
She disclosed that the post-UTME was held between Monday and Thursday last week at both the Ilorin and Lagos centres and that both centres did not experience any difficulty in the course of the screening.
Prof. Silvia also disclosed that the University recorded over 40,000 admission application/registration while a total of 39,289 was present for the four-day screening exercise.
She further explained that candidates who missed the screening during the stipulated time were granted the opportunity to write the test on Thursday, August 30 in a mop-up exercise which the University organized to conclude the screening.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor expressed her satisfaction over the peaceful manner in which the candidates conducted themselves during the course of the Post-UTME exercise.
She added that the screening went smoothly as there was no violence or disturbance of any kind while staff on duty were very dutiful and also that the exercise started on schedule and all the candidates were law abiding.
Prof. Silvia also mentioned that the University has made arrangements to consider any student who could not write the test during the stipulated time because of health issues. She encouraged such candidate to visit “Help Desk” on the University website.
She added that their enquiries were promptly attended to by the designated staff.
The Chairman of the Computer-Based Test Committee, University of Ilorin, Prof. Babalola Raji also commented on the screening, in his words, he said that the exercise could be rated as very successful, as it was stress-free.
Prof. Raji explained that about 10,000 candidates were able to undergo the screening on each day of the exercise at the two centres.
The CBT Committee Chairman also said that the attendance was close to 99 per cent and that the screening was conducted with the effort of over 100 staff members.
Prof. Raji also said in his words that;
“The screening was conducted under the general supervision of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and using her experience, we were able to accommodate more than 10,000 candidates every day at the two centres.“
Finally, he explained that majority of the candidates were well behaved and properly dressed, he, however, stated that few cases of indecent dressing, unkempt hair, and nail, among others, with a case of impersonation were recorded.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman