The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has reportedly resigned from her office as the Finance Minister amidst the allegation of NYSC certificate forgery levelled against her.
According to reports, Kemi Adeosun resigned over allegations that she forged her National Youth Service Corps certificate. It will be recalled that the Finance Minister was accused of forging her NYSC certificate some months ago, initially, the minister ignored the allegation that she did not undergo the NYSC program.
After which she later tendered a certificate of NYSC exemption which sparked an outrage among the citizens of Nigeria as the certificate was rumoured to be fake and a mere forgery. The minister was then sued to court to determine the authenticity of her NYSC certificate.
The Federal High Court in Abuja had only just revealed the date of the hearing to be October 8 when the news broke that the minister has indeed resigned from office.
However, it is unclear if the reason for her resignation is to avoid a court date or if her resignation is a sign of guilt admittance that she truly forged her NYSC certificate.
In a shocking twist, however, The PUNCH gathered that the minister resumed in her office this morning and it is unclear when the reported resignation will take effect.
Efforts to confirm the authenticity of Adeosun’s resignation were futile as all the aides to the minister refused to confirm or deny the news of her resignation.
Silence from the office of the Finance Minister has however not stopped angry Nigerians from speculating on the matter as most Nigerians have taken to various social media platforms to lash out at the minister.
The NYSC exemption certificate in question was dated September 2009 and was reportedly signed by an NYSC Director-General, Yusuf Bomoi, who had already left the scheme in January 2009.
In November 2015, Adeosun was appointed as Minister of Finance under President Muhammadu Buhari after she had been cleared by the Department of State Services and by the Senate.
Related School Updates:
- Certificate For Sale: UNICAL Lecturer Suspended For…
- WAEC Gets Subpeonaed To Produce Adeleke’s 1981 SSCE Result
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For UNILAG 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
- NYSC; Benue State University & University of…
- Osun State University VC Accuses Unionists Of…
- Niger State Corps Members Complain Of Poor Living…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman