The management of Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State as announced that the Polytechnic will start running degree programmes from the 2018/2019 academic session. This was disclosed by the Head of Public Relations and protocols of the Polytechnic, Mr Olayinka Iroye.
The statement by the Head of Public Relations and Protocols on Monday revealed that the Polytechnic has been approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) as the commission had sent a letter which was duly signed by the Executive Secretary of the Commission, Professor Abubakar Rasheed to the two institutions involved, the Federal University of Technology Minna and the Federal Polytechnic Offa respectively.
Below is an extract of the Commission’s letter to the two institutions;
“I am directed to inform you that the Management Committee, during its meeting on Friday, August 31, 2018, considered and approved the affiliation arrangement and the establishment of the full-time mode of the under listed programmes to be run in the campus of the Polytechnic, effective from the 2018/2019 academic session: Computer Science B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering B.Tech., Electrical Engineering B.Tech., and Food Science & Technology B.Tech.”
Mr Olayinka Iroye explained that the approval of the degree courses was made possible through the relentless effort of the Polytechnic management led by its Rector, Dr Lateef Olatunji.
He also revealed that the Polytechnic has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to enable the Polytechnic to run degree courses in Management and Social Sciences.
The Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr Lateef Olatunji while speaking, called on the government and fellow academics to work together to find a lasting solution to the situation of educational challenges in Nigeria.
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman