This is to inform students who wish to study at the University of Houston Victoria that application for the International Student Merit Scholarship into the university is currently on going, below are the necessary details of the Scholarship, applicants are advised to read through.
The University of Houston–Victoria (UHV) is a four-year state university and one of four distinct institutions in the University of Houston System. Its campus spans 20 acres (8.1 ha) in Victoria, with a satellite location at UHV Katy. Founded in 1971, UHV has an enrollment of over 4,300 students.
The University of Houston – Victoria is offering the International Student Merit Scholarship to incoming/current undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) students of international visa status.
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. The award is a $1000 award for the academic year (fall, spring and summer), if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.
The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees by $500 every fall, spring and summer.
What is the category of this opportunity?
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) taught
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- International students
In which host country will I be studying?
- Texas, USA
Requirements For University Of Houston-Victoria International Students Merit Scholarships:
Applicants are required to be
- An admitted student of UHV
- At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
How many scholarship awards are available?
- Not specified
What is the value of the program?
- $1000 award
What is the duration of the program?
How to Apply for the Programme:
- First, applicants are to submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application.
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second, submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, along with the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above-mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review.
When is the application deadline?
- Fall semester deadline: 15th June 2018
- Spring semester deadline: 15th November 2018
Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part-time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.