University of Benin Teaching Hospital Training Schools, Benin City has announced that admission forms into the programmes listed above are now available and currently on sale, according to a newsletter published by the School, intending applicants can now apply for admission by visiting the school. Applicants are advised to read through the information below before applying.
SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (SHIM)
SHIM is a Monotechnic (Health Profession) accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board/Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME). Graduates of the school are now eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
i. NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (ND)
- intending applicants are required to have a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other subject from Physics, Geography, Economics, and Government.
- Applicants with a minimum score of at least 150 in the 2018 JAMB / UTME are eligible to apply.
ii. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (HND)
- Applicants holding the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements for the normal admission as stipulated for ND programme and evidence of one-year industrial training from a recognized establishment in the health sector.
- Holders of Technician Certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission if such schools have been accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). Such candidates must meet the requirements as stipulated for admission in the ND programme.
- Applicants with Technician Certificates in Health Information Management with Upper Credit and above, issued by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) will be considered for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements for the ND programme.
How To Apply
i. Application Forms can be purchased at the Office of the Head, School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City.
ii. Applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of Six Thousand (N6, 000.00) Naira only; payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – School of Health Information Management using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria
Completed forms should be returned to the office of the Head of School on or before Friday 31st August 2018.
Date: Thursday 6th September 2018.
Venue: The School Premises in UBTH.
Time: 9:00am prompt
SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY
This is an Eighteen (18) months Post Basic Midwifery Programme leading to the award of (RM) Certificate.
Applicants are required to have the following
- Five (5) CREDITS in WASC/SSCE/NECO in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants are also required to be a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria
How To Apply
Application forms can be obtained at the offices of the Principal/Head of Department (School of Midwifery) on presentation of evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of six thousand five hundred naira (N6, 500) only payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – School of Midwifery using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria.
Date of Entrance: – 15th September 2018
Date of Interview: – 18th September 2018
Venue: – School Of Midwifery, UBTH, Benin City.
Time: – 8:00a.m. prompt.
UBTH CENTRE FOR TRAINING COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS, CTCHO EKPOMA
The training lasts for two (2) calendar years. It will commence in September 2018. It leads to the award of Higher Diploma in Community Health
BASIC EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Applicants are required to have WASSCE/ GCE / SSCE or NECO Certificate with five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Sciences, Chemistry and Physics.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
In addition to qualifications above, applicants are required to have any of the following professional qualifications and experience for eligibility to apply:
- Diploma in Community Health (DCH) with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience
- Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) with five (5) years post qualification experience
- Applicants are required to be registered Community Health Practitioner and must have a valid practice license.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable Application fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) only to the UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – Centre for Training Community Health Officers using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria
1. After payment of Application fee, you will be issued an evidence of payment in form of a
2. Application forms are to be obtained from the School with evidence of payment of prescribed fees.
3. Please note that the deadline for the payment of application form is Friday, July 6th, 2018.
WRITTEN TEST AND ORAL INTERVIEW
- Written test and Oral interview will be conducted on Wednesday 11th and Thursday, 12th July 2018 respectively.
- All applicants are to bring their originals and photocopies of certificates/master-lists to the examination centre.
- Further enquiries should be directed to Mrs Okunega on 08066234545.
SCHOOL OF NURSING UNIVERSITY OF BENIN TEACHING HOSPITAL, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
This is a three (3) year General Nursing Programme leading to the award of Registered Nurse Certificate (RN).
- Applicants are required to be of at least 18 years of age.
- Qualification; five Credit passes obtained in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO) in the following subjects, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
How To Apply
Application forms can be obtained at the office of the Principal with a non-refundable fee of ten thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) only. This should be made payable to UBTH Treasury Single Account (TSA) Via the Remita Platform in any bank under the service type Training School – School Of Nursing
A separate payment of N200 to Nursing and Midwifery Council Committee Edo State Account No. 2050003858, First Bank of Nigeria.
Applicants are required to submit four (4) recent coloured passport photographs (taken in the preceding two weeks) while returning the completed application forms.
Closing date for submission of completed forms: Friday 3rd August 2018
Examination Date: Saturday 11th of August, 2018
TIME: 10:00 a.m. prompt
Venue: School of Nursing, UBTH
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman