The Senate of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology has published a newsletter announcing the punishment for some students of the institution that were found guilty of instigating and committing acts of violence against other students in the course of the Student Union Government (SUG) Election of the institution.
The Student Union Government election which was held earlier this year on June 13 was reported to have gotten violent in some part of the school as some students were reportedly attacked after the election results were released while some students were violently hindered from voting all in a bid to influence the outcome of the election.
The Senate of the school set up an investigative committee to look into the matter and decide if the students are truly guilty of the allegations levelled against them. The students who are twelve (12) in number included eight (8) final year students, three (3) 400 level students and one (1) 300level student.
The Senate of the University on July 24, came to the decision to sanction the students with expulsion and suspension ranging from two (2) semester suspension to indefinite suspension.
While the sanction seems rather harsh, it is uncertain if the decision of the Senate can be appealed or not. Check back on Tuition.ng for more updates.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman