The Results of the 2018 WAEC Senior School Certificate Examination SSCE have been released. As earlier announced by WAEC, the result was released in within 45 days after the end of the examination. According to statistics, 786,016 candidates representing 49.98% obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
The head of the Nigeria Office of the Council, Mr Olu Adenipekun, while announcing the release of the results at the National office of the council in Lagos disclosed that 786,016 candidates representing 49.98% obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
Records show that a total of 1,578,846 candidates registered for the examination from 17,886 recognised secondary schools across Nigeria. It was gathered that out of the registered candidates, 1,572,396 candidates sat for the exam.
The council disclosed that out of the number that sat for the exam in Nigeria, 1,470,338 candidates, representing 93.51% have had their results fully processed and released. The Certificates of such candidates will be ready in 90 days from the initial release date.
The Head of the Nigeria Office of the Council also explained that 102,058 candidates representing 6.49% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to errors committed by the candidates in the course of registration or writing the examination.
The Head of the Office of the Council in Nigeria also explained that the candidates in this category (i.e. candidates who are still unable to check their results because some of their results are still being processed) are to remain calm as their results will be released as soon as possible.
A further break down of the results shows that 1,213,244 candidates representing 76.84% obtained credits and above in a minimum of any five subjects which means with or without English Language and Mathematics.
The statistics also showed that 858,424 candidates representing 54.59% obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language but without Mathematics while 786,016 candidates representing 49.98% obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
In this category were 389,655 male and 396,361 female, representing 47.32% and 52.92% respectively.
Candidates can still visit WAEC’s official website https://www.waecdirect.org/ to check their results using the result checker pin and serial number contained on their smart identity card used during the examination.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman