Lagos State University has announced that application form for admission into the University for the 2018/2019 academic session is now available and currently on sale. In a newsletter published by the management of the institution, it was disclosed that applicants who wish to seek admission into the University for the First Degree can now visit the school website to do so.
According to the newsletter, the admission UTME Cut-off mark is 190. The Application Fee is N2000 (Two thousand Naira) while the deadline is 17th August 2018. Applicants are advised to read the information below for more details.
LASU 2018/2019 Admission Requirements
- Applicants seeking admission are expected to have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, applicants are required to be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October 2018.
- ALL Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2018/2019 Academic Session are required to have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and are expected to have scored a minimum of 190 marks.
- ALL Direct Entry (200 Level) applicants, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2018/2019 Academic Session are required to have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB and must apply for the Screening Exercise.
- Applicants who are of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 Levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University must fill in their IIVC Code on the Screening Portal.
List Of 2018 Available Courses At LASU
Applicants are to note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. Therefore, Applicants can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
|1.||ARTS||– B.A. English
– B.A. Arabic
– B.A. Christian Studies
– B.A. Islamic Studies
– B.A. History & International Studies
– B.A. Music
– B.A. Theatre Arts
– B.A. Portuguese / English
– B.A. French
– B.A. Yoruba
– B.A. Philosophy
|2.||EDUCATION||– B.A (Ed) Arabic
– B.A (Ed) Christian Religious Studies
– B.A (Ed) Islamic Studies
– B.A (Ed) English
– B.A (Ed) French
– B.A (Ed) History
– B.A (Ed) Yoruba
– B.A (Ed) Biology
– B.A (Ed) Chemistry
– B.A (Ed) Mathematics
– B.A (Ed) Physics
– B.A (Ed) Physical & Health Education
– B.A (Ed) Health Education
– B.A (Ed) Computer Science
– B.A (Ed) Educational Technology
– B.A (Ed) Business Education
– B.A (Ed) Accounting
– B.A (Ed) Educational Management
– B.A (Ed) Geography
– B.A (Ed) Economics
– B.A (Ed) Political Science
|3||LAW||– LLB (Law)|
|4.||SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE||– B. Agric.|
|5.||MANAGEMENT SCIENCES||– B.Sc. Public Administration
– B.Sc. Marketing
– B.Sc. Accounting
– B.Sc. Banking & Finance
– B.Sc. Management Technology
– B.Sc. Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
– B.Sc. Insurance
– B.Sc. Business Administration
|6.||SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION||– B.Sc. Mass Communication|
|7.||SCIENCE||– B.Sc. B.Sc. Biochemistry
– B.Sc. Botany
– B.Sc. Chemistry
– B.Sc. Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– B.Sc. Mathematics
– B.Sc. Microbiology
– B.Sc. Physics
– B.Sc. Zoology
– B.Sc. Computer Science
|8.||COLLEGE OF MEDICINE||– M.B.B.S (Medicine & Surgery)
– B.Sc. Physiology
– B.DS Dentistry
– BNSc. Nursing
|9.||SOCIAL SCIENCES||– B.Sc. Geography & Planning
– B.Sc. Psychology
– B.Sc. Economics
– B.Sc. Political Science
– B.Sc. Sociology
|10.||SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT||– B.Sc. Transport|
|11.||ENGINEERING||– B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
– B.Sc. Electronics & Computer Engineering
– B.Sc. Chemical and Polymer Engineering
How To Apply For LASU 2018 Undergraduate Admission
To apply for admission, applicants are to visit the University website www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop-down list at the top, to make the required non-refundable payment of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000:00) Screening Fee for the 2018/2019 LASU Admission Screening Exercise.
Applicants will be required to submit the following:
a. JAMB Registration Number
b. Surname, First name, Middle name
c. Email Address and Telephone Number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
Online Registration Procedure
After successful payment for LASU 2018/2019 Online Admission Screening Exercise, return to lasu.edu.ng and CLICK CONTINUE REGISTRATION button to print your Screening PIN.
Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed Screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening after Selecting UTME or Direct Entry (DE) Button.
* Carefully fill in your personal details as required
* Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB (JPEG)
* Save and proceed
* Carefully enter your UTME details
* Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
* Save and proceed
* Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
* Scan and Upload O’Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
* Save and proceed
* Input required O’ Level details
* Save and proceed
* Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credit Passes in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY One (1) sitting.
* Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credit Passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one Science subject and any other subject.
* Note that any examination taken after July 2018 is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
* Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
* CHECK THE â€œI CERTIFYâ€ BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
* By ticking the “I CERTIFY”Button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
* Click the “continue” button
* After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
* Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING
C. ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
* The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course.
Applicants are to bear in mind that both payment and registration/updating would last for Twenty Two  days, from Friday 27th July to Friday, 17th August 2018 (12 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org