The University of Ibadan has announced the release of application form for admission into the University Postgraduate Programme for the 2018/2019 academic session. The school management has released details about the postgraduate admission exercise, hence, all interested applicants are advised to read through the information below before applying.
General Requirements For Postgraduate Admission Into University Of Ibadan
- Applicants seeking admission into higher degree programmes are required to be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate School on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Applicants who do not have any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Applicants who have a “Research Higher” Degree that is recognised by the university in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or PhD degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the PhD degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate is admitted provisionally to the M.Phil/ PhD programme pending an assessment report. Such an assessment shall be made by a panel set up by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on the recommendation of the student’s department and shall take place not later than the end of the first semester of registration
Types Of University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Admission
(i) Full-Time Admission
Full – time admission can be offered only to applicants who satisfy the Postgraduate School that they are not in employment, or that they have been released by their employers to undertake full – time studies. Applicants found to have made a false declaration in this regard will be asked to withdraw from the University.
(ii) Part- Time Admission
Applicants may be admitted to the part-time programme if they are on the academic staff of the University or can satisfy the Postgraduate School that facilities for their work as part-time students are adequate. Applicants applying for the part-time programme may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
(iii) Admission as Occasional Students
Applicants who satisfy the minimum entry requirements for higher degree programme and are recommended by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee may be admitted as occasional students, but shall not be awarded a degree from the University of Ibadan. This type of admission is also open to candidates registered for higher degrees of other Universities, recognised by Senate.
How To Apply For 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Admission
The application form for admission into UI’s Postgraduate programme is currently on sale and available online. The procedure for obtaining Application Forms is available at www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng.
Application forms cost N13,000 for academic programmes and N18,000 for professional programmes. Applicants for the degree of Master and Postgraduate Diploma are to pay an extra N3,000:00 for ta est of proficiency in the English Language.
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING APPLICATION FORMS
(a) All application forms are to be completed and submitted online. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC.
(b) Incomplete information from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application.
(c) An applicant can only apply to one department or programme.
(d) Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically
(e) Acknowledgement of Application
Applicants would be informed electronically (through the email addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in the processing of their forms.
(f) Letters of Recommendation
The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work. Please note that the referee forms are available online, to be completed and submitted electronically.
(g ) Transcripts/Certificates
Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Postgraduate School. If the Registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference. To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
The deadline is yet to be announced, however, interested applicants are advised to apply for admission on time.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Releases…
- FUNAI 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman