At the Federal Executive Council, FEC Meeting, the Federal Government has decided to crape the award of HND certificates to Students and this will commence with all Students studying at their prospective Federal Polytecnics.
The Federal Government also reiterated that Courses that are not related to technical or technology Courses would be scraped off Polytechnic’s Programs list because students graduating from Polytecnics will now be awarded with a Bachelor of Technology, B.Tech Award after their Programs.
This New policy will be a merger from Universities and Polytecnics and Nigerian Polytecnics will only be able to issue out Award of National Diploma, ND and Bachelor of Technology, B.Tech.
Just after the FEC meeting, the Minister of Education, Prof Adamu Adamu was interviewed by the Journalists,
He said: “After we have exhausted the current student programme, there will be no more award of HND. This means that there will be no fresh admission for HND programmers. And in addition, any programme that is not technical will be out of the Polytechnics. ”
“About 70 per cent of polytechnic graduates are in the non-technical Courses. It is going to be a rigorous implementation programme. “
A ministerial committee to ensure the smooth implementation of all that is required for the take-off of the reform initiatives is to begin work immediately.
Adamu also said, “The HND certificate will remain a legal tender in Nigeria and holders of such certificate will continue to be recognised as the equivalent of first degree holders without discriminatory remunerations and limit to progression in the work place.
“The NCE certificate will be retained as the minimum teaching qualification at the basic level of education. Any higher qualifications by these private or state-owned polytechnics will be only affiliation with a university. So, HND is no longer in existence, but existing HND will be respected and considered legal tender.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman