This is to inform all prospective applicants and the general public that ABU Teaching Hospital Zaria has announced the release of application forms for admission into the Schools/Training Programmes listed below for the 2018/2019 academic session. Applicants are advised to read through the programmes and their requirement before applying.
1. SCHOOL OF NURSING
This is a three (3) year basic general nursing programme to train students of not less than 171/2 years and not more than 26 years of age.
Applicants seeking admission into the School of Nursing are expected to have the following the requirements.
- The acceptable combination of results shall be as follows:
i. WAEC/WAEC or NECO/NECO
- Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than two sittings.
- Entrance Examination and Interview – Applicants who satisfy the basic entry requirements shall be required to sit for an entrance examination and selection interview thereafter.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified to appear for the selection interview.
- The Selection process will include essay writing followed by oral interview.
- Applicants selected for admission will be required to pass a medical examination for fitness.
NOTE: Only candidates who satisfied 0-level requirement will be invited for the entrance examination.
Accommodation; This course is residential. Successful candidates MUST live in the Nurses’ hostel; payment of accommodation fee shall be made in instalments.
2. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC NURSING PROGRAMMES
The Post Basic Nursing Programmes are Midwifery, Ophthalmic and Paediatrics and Anaesthesia.
Those who wish to apply for any of the programmes must have the following requirements
a) Midwifery Course: is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in S SCE, WASC/NECO or GCE which should include among others English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science Subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) at not more than two sittings. Candidates must also be registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
b) Ophthalmic Nursing Course: Duration: One year Programme and candidates wishing to enrol must be qualified registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least one-year post qualification experience.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/ other relevant courses could be an advantage. In addition to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WAS C/NECO or GCE which should include among others, English language, mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
c) Paediatric Nursing Course:
Duration: One (1) year programme and applicants who wish to apply must be Registered Nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one year Post Qualification/Registration experience.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an advantage. In addition to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE WASC/NECO/or GCE which should include among other, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings
d) Nurse Anaesthesia Programme Duration: is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE, WAEC, NECO or GCE which should include among other English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at not more than two sittings. Applicant must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a current practising license and at least one (1) year post qualification experience.
Eligible candidates will be requested to sit for a written aptitude test to be followed by an oral interview. Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/Other relevant courses could be an added advantage.
For the selection interview, applicants are to come along with the originals of all their certificates, license, evidence of sponsorship, certificates of a workshop attended. A letter from their sponsors.
3. SCHOOL OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
Special Fellowship of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria This is a Twenty-four (24) months course leading to the award of FMLSCN.
- Associate (AMLSCN) of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria BMLS plus a minimum of one (1)year post qualification experience.
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate. (c) A current practising license of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
4. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
National Diploma Course in Health Information Management Duration: Two (2) years direct course for those with GCE ‘0’ Level or its equivalent and one year for those with Technician Certificate in Health Information Management of the Health Record Officers Registration Board of Nigeria.
- Candidates for this programme must have WASC, S SCE or NECO with passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Biology/Physic/ or Chemistry and any subject.
All ND candidates are expected to have sat for JAMB and meet the cut-off mark
- JAMB Candidates are expected to meet the JAMB cut-off mark requirement.
- Applicants are required to come with screening registration fee of N2,500.00
Please note that: (I) Selection of Candidates will be on the basis of academic qualification. A written examination and oral interview coupled with the presentation of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES., Printout of JAMB and SSCE. (ii) Entrance Examination and Interview: (Dates will be communicated to candidates)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Duration: Two (2) Years
Candidates for this programme must have obtained National Diploma in Health Information Management and registered with the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria and must have undergone an Industrial Training for one year in a reputable Hospital in addition to the basic entry requirement for the ND. Candidates must do regularization with JAMB when admitted. Entrance Examination and Interview (Date will be communicated to candidates)
5. SCHOOL OF BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
This is a two (2) year Course. Applicants wishing to apply must have senior secondary school certificate (SSCE) or its equivalent, WAEC, GCE, NECO, NABTEC) with passes at credit level in Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language at not more than two sittings.
In addition, credit or ordinary pass in any of the following subjects will be an advantage. Woodwork, sheet metal work. Auto Mechanic, Basic electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing.
This is a one (1)year course. Candidates with the following qualification are eligible for admission.
a) Candidates who have passed WASC/SSCE with passes in Science subjects.
b) Intermediate Secondary Schools with Trade Test Grade [II] certificate and evidence of Secondary Education in the Sciences.
Candidates with evidence of guaranteed sponsorship will be given preference
The course at present is non-residential. Successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
6. COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS TRAINING PROGRAMME (HD)
This course takes a minimum of two (2) years duration, and officers from any of the following categories of health workers that have been working in the primary health care area are eligible for admission.
(WASCE, NECO or GCE 0/L) in not more than two sittings, which must include; English Language, Mathematics and Biology/Health Science.
Community Health Extension Workers five (5) Credit level passes in SSCE (WASCE, NECO or GCE 0/L) at not more than two sittings, which must include: English Language, Mathematics and Biology/Health Science.
Candidates with evidence of guaranteed institutional sponsorship will be given preference, but limited vacancies exist for privately sponsored ones.
Entry Qualification a) Holders of Diploma in Community Health with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience plus, five (5) credit level passes in S SCE b) Applicants must be registered and possess a valid practice license.
c) Two recent passport photograph
How To Apply For ABUTH 2018/2019 Health Programme Admission
To apply, applicants are to follow the procedure below
- Visit the School website http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
- CLICK ON SIGN UP
- CREATE YOUR PROFILE (Always ensure you write down your LogIn ID and Password as you will need it to log back in)
- CHOOSE CHECK FORMS ON SALE or APPLY HERE
- FROM THE LIST OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES CHOOSE BY CLICKING APPLY on the right end
- Click APPLY
- A transaction page will be displayed; Click GENERATE RRR at the bottom left of the page
- A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated on the page
- NOTE: paying online activates your account immediately.
(I) To pay online (Master/Visa/Internet Banking) CLICK on PAYVIAREMITA. (After paying just refresh your page and continue from step-12)
(II) To pay through a Bank, print your Transaction-slip and proceed to any Commercial bank of your choice (Make sure the RRR Number appears on the slip
before printing and going to the bank)
- After payment come back to the portal http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
- Click on LOGIN and enter the LOGIN ID and PASSWORD you created at step-3
- Fill in all your details (Biodata, contact, Next of kin, Qualifications & passport Photo)
- Finally, submit and print your Slip
Closing Dates/Application Deadline
|S/N||Schools||Closing Date||Proposed Exams|
|1||School of Nursing||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|2||Post Basic Nursing (Midwifery)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|3||Post Basic (Ophthalmic)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|4||Post Basic (Paediatrics)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|5||Fellowship of Medical Lab Scie.||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|6||HND Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|7||PRE-HND Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|8||ND-Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|9||Diploma Biomedical Engineering||30th Sept., 2018||October, 2018|
|10||Certificate Biomedical Engineering||30th Sept.,2018||October,2018|
|11||Community Health Officers (CHO)||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|12||Post Basic Nursing (Anaesthesia)||31st Oct., 2018||December,2018|
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- WAEC Releases 2019 May/June Senior School…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021