This is to inform all who wish to apply for admission into Postgraduate Studies of The Federal University of Technology, Minna that the institution has announced the release of the admission forms into the various Postgraduate Programmes available into the School. Applicants are advised to read through the information below before applying.
For a complete list of available programmes and specific requirements, CLICK HERE
General Admission Requirements for Futminna 2018
Applicants applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna are expected to have five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (‘O’ Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting ‘O’ Level result and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
Master Degree Programmes
- Applicants are required to have a Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
- Applicants are expected with a Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required.
- Applicants who have HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one-year graduation experience may be considered.
- For the avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level of Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where an examination is required in any of the cases above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission, the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require coursework components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
- Applicants seeking admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate.
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for applicants whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES AT FUTMINNA
Master Degree Programmes
The Master Degree programmes are expected to last a minimum of Three Semesters for Full-time Students and there is no Part-time for Master’s Degree programmes. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be Six Semesters for Full-time, subject to maintaining a CGPA of 2.50 in every Semester. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
A Minimum of Six Semesters (Three (3) Academic Sessions) and maximum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) for Full-time Students.
A Minimum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) and maximum of Fourteen Semesters (Seven (7) Academic Sessions) for Part-time Students respectively.
DURATION OF STUDIES IN POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES AT FUTMINNA
Please note that any candidate with PASS grade at either OND or HND does not qualify for admission. Generally, Full-time Students are expected to graduate normally after Three Semesters on successful completion of their programmes, subject to maintaining a minimum CGPA of 1.50 in any Semester.
How To Apply For Futminna 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission
- All applications for Postgraduate programmes are online through the University website; futminna.edu.ng
- Applications will be accessible as from 14th May 2018
- All requested information on the online application must be correctly, and accurately provided with current and active email addresses and phone numbers.
- Completed application forms must be submitted online through the University portal latest on 31st August 2018. All necessary instructions on the filling of the form must be adhered to and failure to do so is sufficient ground to disqualify an applicant.
- Completed application forms must be printed out as they would be requested for during registration, on successful admission.
All PhD Applicants must upload their research proposal of interest and ensure that their official transcripts are forwarded to;
Federal University of Technology,
Minna, Niger State.
before the processing of admission.
Official transcripts could also be sent through our Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be uploaded before processing of admission.
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that the online referee reports are duly filled and submitted by the respective referees before the closing date. (Minimum of two (2) referees must be submitted online).
- All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in colour.
University charges an application fee of Ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) plus, Two hundred and fifty naira (N250.00) Remita charge making a total of ten thousand two hundred and fifty naira (N10,250.00) payable online via the Remita platform with the use of Master or Verve card through the School portal.
PAYMENT OF FEES AND THE PROCEDURES
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must undergo the following registration formalities: screening, payment of fees, and registration. This shall be completed within a stipulated date beyond which the candidate loses the admission.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman