In the quest to conquer Dropout issues in most of the Nigerian schools, the Nigerian Government has finally arrived at a solution which is the plan to “free tuition fee for it’s federal universities”.
Anthony Anwuka, who is the Minister of State Education made it known to the general public while briefing state house correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, on Wednesday.
He announced that according to the Nigerian Law, no federal universities is allowed to charge for tuition fee and student should be ready to stop paying tuition fee if they already pay.
“We understand some universities now charge fees per course unit and we are going to make sure that we investigate that properly and make it stop.
“Students can pay other auxiliary fees, but not in excess. Various university councils and management should be able to fix what fees students should pay that is affordable and acceptable to the students. That is the position.
“The federal government does not determine fees for private and state universities. It only takes responsibility for fees paid in the federal universities.”
As a Student, Do you pay tuition in your Federal University?… Share your view in the comment and let’s know about your School with the amount you pay as tuition.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- Students of OAU Questions The Invitation Of The Vice…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- FG Owes Us 1.1 Trillion Naira, Hiking Tuition Fee Is…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman